Washington has about as many permit holders as larger states such as Florida or Texas, though fewer than the 290,000 issued in Indiana and 600,000 in Pennsylvania.
Statewide, there are about 239,000 active concealed-pistol licenses. King County has slightly more than 48,000, Forth said. The law typically restricts citizens from carrying guns onto school property, into bars, courthouses, jails, mental-health facilities and restricted areas in airports.
- Name: John Lott
- Location: Virginia, United States
Amazed how lucky I am that I have had jobs where I could just think about whatever I wanted to think about. I have published over 90 articles in academic journals. I received my Ph.D. in economics from UCLA in 1984.
Copyright 2005 by John R. Lott, Jr. All rights reserved
More Books of Mine
Reviews of Freedomnomics
Other Web sites
- Democrats defending gun control
- Concealed Handgun Used to Stop Attack in Seattle
- Apple Computer Insults Muslims?
- Weird Science findings: Psoriasis triples heart at...
- 14-year-old boy saves himself and mother from atta...
- Are Liberals finally turning against teachers unio...
- Athletes and Guns
- Homeowner Stops Two Robbers
- Democrat in Wyoming who supports Vermont/Alaska ty...
- CT Mayor Carries Concealed Handgun in City Offices...
Interesting Past Topics
(description of book, downloadable data sets, and discussions of previous controversies)